The Spektrum S1200 Smart Charger is the first DC smart charger to feature Spektrum Smart Charging technology. Small and portable, this 200W charger features the brand new Spektrum IC3 connector that delivers a robust connection that also reads vital battery content that relays to a bright LCD color display to clearly showing you how many charge cycles you have on the pack, and much more.
For all radio control hobbyists that are looking for a better way to charge batteries, Spektrum Smart Chargers and Smart Batteries combine for an intuitive charging experience that results in a simple, connected, and safer charging experience. Spektrum Smart Charging virtually eliminates the hassle from charging your LiPo batteries. This is made possible by an integrated microchip on each Smart battery that communicates with your Smart charger to automatically determine the best charging settings. Plug it in, and just press start. While all hobbyists will enjoy this simple experience, advanced hobbyists can take advantage of unique data such as cycle count, unhealthy activity like overcharge and discharge, battery temperature, C rating and much more, all saved within each battery. Additionally, automatic discharge to storage ensures a better, and healthier, lifespan for your batteries.
- Smart Charging Technology: When connected to a Spektrum Smart Battery, unique parameters and health of your LiPo battery upload from the Smart memory microchip integrated into the battery. Through the charger, you can set and record preferred settings, such as charge rates and self-discharge options, so that all you have to do to charge the pack is press the “Start” button. Smart technology will take care of the rest. Every Smart LiPo charger is factory assembled with the next-generation IC3™ output connector that utilizes a data transfer pin to display saved battery information directly on the LCD screen.
- Simple: Preset charge, discharge, and storage parameters are automatically relayed from your Spektrum Smart Battery making charging as simple as pressing the “Start” button. Charge rate of individual batteries can be user customized allowing you to take full advantage of packs with faster charge ratings. The integrated microchip on each battery will remember the last charging rate you set, so the next time you plug it in, these settings will automatically populate so all you have to do is press “start.”
- Updated IC3 & IC5 Connectors: The innovative Smart connection is made possible by an installed microchip on every battery, feeding the unique information through a data cable to the new IC3 and IC5 connectors. The IC series of connectors are designed from the ground up to provide a more solid connection, higher heat resistance, and effortless installation. Sprung bullets ensure a solid connection that is easy to connect and disconnect, while the convenient solder pads allow for easy installation on your device.
- Backwards Compatible: For those using the popular EC3 and EC5 connectors, there’s no need to worry. The IC connector series is entirely backwards compatible with existing connectors so you can use your Smart Charger with older batteries, but only when connected to a Spektrum Smart Battery are all the benefits of Smart technology obvious.
- LED Display: High visibility 2.4 inch color screen brightly displays all your vital information, even in bright sunlight.
- High Powered: When paired with a capable power supply, enjoy 200W of output power that lets you quickly charge large and high cell count batteries with ease.
- Touch Wheel interface: A clean and intuitive touch wheel interface makes it easy to navigate all the settings on your Smart Charger. This clean and simple design keeps a sleek profile that if perfect for tossing in your field bag.
- Efficient Cooling System: The internal cooling fan keeps the charger at a safe and efficient operating temperature, perfect for fast charging larger batteries.
- Built in Protection: When combined with Spektrum Smart Batteries, the charger automatically recognizes battery chemistry, cell voltage, and capacity to ensure that you are always charging with correct settings, virtually eliminating the potential for charging incorrectly.
Input: 7-32 V DC
# Cells: LiHv (1-6S) LiPo (1-6S) LiFe (1-6S) Lilon (1-6S) NiMH (1-6S) Cd (1-16S) Pb (1-12S)
Charge Rate: 0.1 - 8.0A
Cooling Method: Fan
Voltmeter: Yes - on main LCD display
Amp Meter: Yes - on main LCD display
Length: 3.1 in (80 mm)
Width: 3.1 in (80 mm)
Height: 1.3 in (34 mm)
WARNING NOTE: This charger is not compatible with Traxxas iD equipped LiPo Batteries; only Traxxas iD chargers properly charge Traxxas iD LiPo Batteries. NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, use this charger to charge a Traxxas iD equipped LiPo Battery.
This product was added to our catalog on November 19, 2018