The Prodigy 610 QUAD AC delivers a variety of powerful, yet useful features. The Digital Power setting allows users to power additional DC powered equipment, while the Pre-Charge function gives users an opportunity to save Lithium batteries that have been discharged too far. Additionally, compatibility with all common battery types means the Prodigy 610 QUAD AC is an all in one solution for your battery management needs.
These features only scratch the surface of what the Prodigy 610 QUAD AC delivers. Pick one up and see for yourself why Protek R/C is found on the benches of some of the most respected R/C professionals in the world, including racer Atsushi Hara, pilot Tim Jones and more. The next generation has arrived. Don't get left behind.
This charger features a Hi-Voltage LiHV mode that allows you to safely charge Hi-Voltage LiHV capable batteries. You can adjust the charging end voltage of this mode up to 4.40V per cell, which is considerably higher than 4.20V per cell of an ordinary LiPo battery. Charging at this higher end voltage requires a Hi-Voltage LiHV capable battery, but the power gains are significant to the overall punch and power for the R/C model. But please note: battery voltages exceeding 4.20V per cell is prohibited from sanctioned racing rules, such as ROAR, IFMAR, etc.
Prodigy 610 QUAD AC Features:
- QUAD Channel Digital AC/DC Balance Charger
- Maximum 10A Charge Current, up to 100W Per Channel
- Maximum 5A Discharge Current, up to 20W Per Channel
- 110V or 220V AC Input
- Hi-Voltage LiHV charging mode allows charging end voltage up to 4.40V
- Pre-Charge Function to Help Restore Lithium Packs with Cells Below 3.0V
- Digital Power Program Delivers 3V - 24V to Power Other DC Devices
- Supports up to 6S Lithium & 16 Cell Nickel Battery Packs
- Lithium, Nickel & Lead Acid Compatible
- Heavy Duty XT 60 DC input Connector
- ±0.01 Balance Tolerance Range
- Multiple Safety Functions
- Heavy Duty Metal Case
- Back-Light Screen
- Efficient Heat Sink
|Charger Model||Prodigy 610 QUAD AC
|AC Input Voltage Range||AC 110V or 240V
|DC Input Voltage Range|| DC 11.0V - 18.0V
|Charge Current Range||0.1 - 10.0A
|Discharge Current Range||0.1 - 5.0A
|Charge Power Limit||Max. 100W x4
|Discharge Power Limit||Max. 20W x4
|Balance Current||Max. 250mA
|NiCd/NiMH Cell Count||1 - 16 Cells
|Lithium Battery Types||LiHV, LiPo, Li-Ion, LiFe
|Lithium Battery Cell Count||1 - 6 Cells
|Pb Battery Voltage||2 - 20V
|Digital Power||3 - 24V
NOTE: To determine if this charger is suitable for your application, you must perform this calculation to determine the maximum amp rate the charger can supply. Divide the Watts of the charger by the Voltage of the battery pack. This will tell you the maximum amp rate the charger can deliver (Watts / Voltage = Amps). So using the 612 QUAD AC as an example and a 6S LiPo battery pack, would be 100 Watts divided by 22.2 Volts, which equals 4.5 Amps. This means that the charger can supply a maximum of 4.5 amps to a 22.2 Volt 6S battery. This amp rate will gradually reduce as the battery voltage increases during the charge cycle.
1) DO NOT leave the battery in your model when charging
2) DO NOT leave unattended when charging
3) ALWAYS balance charge the battery
4) ALWAYS use a LiPo charging bag
5) YOU MUST use a Li-Poly specific charger to charge the pack (NiMH or NiCD only chargers WILL NOT WORK!)
6) YOU MUST not over discharge the Li-Poly battery pack
7) READ & UNDERSTAND the instructions carefully before operating this battery
- (1) Prodigy 610 QUAD AC Charger
- (1) DC Power Input Cable w/XT60 Connector
- (1) AC Power Input Cable
- (1) JST Connector Charge Lead
- (1) Futaba Connector Charge Lead
- (4) T-Plug Charge Leads
- (1) Alligator Clip Charge Lead
- (2) Battery Clamps
- (4) XH Type LiPo Balance Board
NOTE: Included power cord is only compatible with Type B 110V outlets. "Type E/F" (PTK-5316), "Type G" (PTK-5317), and "Type I" (PTK-5318) power cords are available and must be purchased separately.
ProTek R/C is an AMain Sports & Hobbies brand.
This product was added to our catalog on July 14, 2016
- 4 individual channels
- comes with 4 deans charge leads
- comes with 4 balance boards
- comes with battery clamps and leads for DC as well as AC power cord for 110v
- controls are easy to use and understand
- can configure any or all charging channels as a power output at up to 24v
- DO NOT LEAVE DC (battery) LEADS CONNECTED TO CHARGER WHEN USING 110V AC POWER, despite there being no mention of this in the manual the DC input port provides the full output of the AC power supply when active, if you accidentally short the DC input leads it will blow the AC power supply (if the alligator clips touch for example). This will result in only being able to power the charger via the DC input as your AC power supply will be dead.
- cooling fan seems to run constantly even if you aren't charging and it's reasonably loud
- DC input maximum is 18v so when at the track you can't run it off of 2 deep cycle batteries in series, would have been nice to set it up to handle 24v input.
Aside from the manual missing the obvious warning regarding the ability to smoke your AC power supply by shorting the DC inputs when the AC power supply is in use I think this is a great charger. I would definitely recommend it. I would have given it 5 stars if the manual included the warning, or better yet if they had integrated a breaker to prevent this from being possible.
So I can use/charge only 3 batteries instead of 4 ;-(
Charging 4s and 2s lipo and 2s li-fe.
I'm pleased with the charging times, sometimes balancing takes some time to end.
Discharge or storge can take a long time (low discharge current).
The charge came with a lot of cables and also support 110V and 220V input voltage.
And it's not to heavy so I'm taking it with me to the track.
All and all a very good charger with a lot of option and I will recommend it to the more than average user who wants a quality AC charger.