The ProTek R/C 3S 120C Silicon Graphene + HV Shorty LiPo Battery was developed specifically for 1/10 scale rock crawler and rock racer applications. 3S packs that are commonly used in the crawler world are either small, low capacity packs - or large, heavy 4000-5000mAh packs. This 4100mAh battery fills the void and gives scalers a higher capacity option that produces more voltage and longer runtimes than a 2200mAh, yet only weighs approximately 20 grams more! Plus, when charged at LiHV specs this battery produces 13.05V, instead of the standard 12.6V of a fully charged standard LiPo, meaning U4 racers can take advantage of the light weight, and higher voltage throughout the discharge curve to give them a more consistent power delivery with less fade on the track!
Want more reasons to run this pack? When compared to standard LiPo and LiHV, Silicon Graphene cells deliver improved efficiency, lower operating temperatures, lower internal resistance, better run time, increased cycle life and increased voltage - but Graphene + 120C LiPo batteries take that a step further with even more power, 500mAh more capacity and lower internal resistance when compared to the previous ProTek 3S LiHV!
Lab testing has shown that ProTek R/C Silicon Graphene packs have double the cycle life when charged at 1C rates, and can be charged at higher amp rates, with less risk of damage to the pack. More importantly, the discharge curve is flatter, meaning the cells maintain higher voltage throughout the discharge cycle with no significant drop off. Additionally, when compared to conventional LiPo batteries Silicon Graphene batteries are lighter, providing a higher capacity per gram ratio. With 7.6V nominal voltage, 120C discharge ratings, incredibly high charge rates and ten different models to choose from, ProTek R/C 120C Graphene + packs are perfect for enthusiasts that demand the absolute best.
- Comparable weight to a 2200mAh pack, 100g lighter than EcoPower 4100mAh
- 2 grams heavier than previous LiHV 3600 3S battery, and 500mAh more capacity
- Great choice for scalers and U4 racers
- Great choice for boats and airplanes too
- Improved power to weight ratio and a lower overall CG
- Silicone Graphene can handle more abuse and deliver more current than a standard LiPo battery
- Improved efficiency, lower operating temperatures, and lower internal resistance!
- Increased run time, increased cycle life and increased voltage!
- More capacity gram for gram when compared to standard LiPo cells
- 10C max charge rates - 1C charge rate recommended for longest life
- 11.4V nominal voltage
|Battery Model||HV Shorty 3S LiPo
|Application||Crawlers, Trail Trucks, Boats & Aircraft
||4 Pin XH
|Number of Cells||3 Cell
|Dimensions (WxLxH)|| 43.2x93x24.3mm
|Maximum Charge Rate||10C (41A)
|Watt Hour @11.4V
- (1) ProTek R/C Battery w/T-Style Connector
LITHIUM POLYMER SAFETY INFORMATION
1) DO NOT leave the battery in your model when charging
2) DO NOT leave unattended when charging
3) ALWAYS balance charge the battery
4) ALWAYS use a LiPo charging bag
5) YOU MUST use a Li-Poly specific charger to charge the pack (NiMH or NiCD only chargers WILL NOT WORK!)
6) YOU MUST not over discharge the Li-Poly battery pack
7) READ & UNDERSTAND the instructions carefully before operating this battery
NOTE: When using high energy Li-Polymer Batteries, please do not over-discharge or over-charge batteries as this will result in over heated batteries. Discharging capacity can't exceed 80% of the max capacity of the pack after full charging to ensure a good cycle performance. It is recommended to fully charge a brand new battery before using and only discharge the battery 50% for first 5 cycles. Always monitor race time and/or set a low voltage warning on ESC (End voltage cannot be lower than 3.2v per cell). Do not use the battery that has too low a voltage.
Do not expose batteries to sunshine or store/charge batteries at the temperature above 35°C or in a closed car. The high temperature environment could cause damage to the pack or make it burst. If the battery becomes hot while fast charging, high current discharging or racing, do not charge the battery until it has cooled completely. Wait about 20 mins, then inspect prior to recharging.
This product was added to our catalog on December 18, 2018
The 1 star review from Tod Davis is likely refferriong to this older generation and not these, he states having had these for 9 months but these only got released 5 months before his review.
Right off the bat, I wasn't disappointed. When they tell you in the specs the batteries are "low resistance", they're not kidding. The battery clocked in at 1.9 to 2.9 max each cell. The first flight wasn't disappointing either. Flight time was increased from 16 minutes to a new record of 27 (batteries down to 20%).
I don't know much about the durability though, I've only had them for about 5 cycles. However, one time I made the mistake of leaving them loaded on the UAV with some electronics still on, and only realized it after a day. The batteries were completely drained, which is normally damaging to lipos. After giving the batteries an emergency recharge they were back to the same resistance levels, no puffing, and no loss of performance.
It's a shame I only found out about these batteries after I already invested in an arsenal of 4,250 mAh arrays, otherwise I'd pull the trigger and get at least 10 of these bad boys. Who knows, I still might.