T-Rex 450 has been the ideal choice for entry level R/C helicopters. To cater to the beginner enthusiasts, Align introduces RTF (Ready to Fly) T-Rex 450 Sport Plus. Complete with Align T6 2.4G transmitter, this fully assembled helicopter can be flown immediately just by plugging in a charged battery, allowing the pilot to bypass assembly and adjustment process.
T-Rex 450 Sport Plus utilizes new style rotor head assembly with superior flight stability and controllability. Four piece frame plate design with imbedded servo mounting platform for fast servo install/removal without mounting nuts. Align’s high efficiency 450MX motor providing continuous power as the powerful heart of this helicopter. Specially designed in-between frame rudder servo mount for centralized CG location to benefit 3D flying. Brand new battery mounting platform with integrated ESC mount for streamlined mounting of electronics. Also included is a new REC-BL35P brushless controller featuring adjustable BEC voltage between 5V to 6V.
Align T6 R/C system utilizes Futaba 2.4G S-FHSS frequency hopping 6 channel transmitter, with complete helicopter functions such as throttle/pitch curve, stunt mode switch, dual rate and exponential adjustment, etc. Enabling pilots to have feature rich transmitter without the high price.
Similar to other T-Rex 450 series helicopters, the 450 Sport Plus exhibits superior flight stability, smooth maneuver response, excellent control feel, allowing pilots to experience high quality performance at economical price.
T-Rex 400 Plus Super Combo Features:
• Helicopter and transmitter are factory assembled and tuned RTF version. Plug in a battery and experience immediate flight gratification.
• Align T6 R/C system utilizes Futaba 2.4G S-FHSS frequency hopping 6 channel transmitter, with complete helicopter functions along with 15 model memory.
• Built in normal flight mode and stunt flight mode, with two step dual rate settings.
• PVC alloy new style rotor head assembly with metal head block, with rigidity certified for 3D performance standard, while also having superior flight stability and controllability.
• Four piece frame plate design with imbedded servo mounting platform for fast servo install/removal without mounting nuts.
• Narrow lower frame plate and base plate design to strengthen rigidity and improve flight agility.
• Specially designed in-between frame rudder servo mount for centralized CG location to benefit 3D flying, while minimizing crash damages to rudder servo.
• Equipped with MX series high efficiency brushless motor, with dramatically improved cooling efficiency for excellent power output.
• Equipped with new style REC-BL35P brushless controller featuring step-less adjustable BEC voltage between 5V to 6V (factory set to 5.5V).
• Dedicated rudder gyro mounting platform to isolate vibration from tail transmission, improving gyro performance.
• Newly designed battery mounting platform with integrated ESC mount for streamlined mounting of electronics.
• High precision tail pitch control assembly with aesthetically pleasing and functional design. Weighted tail blade grips effectively increases smoothness of rudder pitch action.
• New style aerodynamic canopy airbrushed with colorful graphics.
• Equipped with 3S 2200mAh 30C lithium polymer battery and charger capable of 2A fast charge rate.
I was skeptical of the claims that you could actually fly this thing right out of the box with the radio already programmed and everything, but its true. I made the following adjustments before my first hover and they ended up being all I needed to do.
1. Adjusted one fly bar paddle pitch.
2. Balanced both blades and added weight to one-this is subjective though and some people would have opted to skip it because the blades were already pretty close but thats not good enough for me.
3. T/R belt was totally loose. You could probably have flown with it like that but not for long.
I am 10 flights in and the thing feels just like a 450 SE V2 I built myself a long time ago. The blade tracking is already dialed in and the head looks like it was set up perfectly. The radio is great too for something right out of the box. There is only one idle up and it is inhibited by default. Once activated it is a standard sport-style setup which is exactly what I wanted.
I am really impressed with this helicopter. I cant believe you can get all this for the price. If you dont have the time or the desire to build a 450, just by this one and you can be flying in the time it takes to charge the battery.
Good job, Align!!!