Jurassic 500N Specifications:
• Innovative “Over the Top” ICS (Inverted Clutch System) along with unique engine mounting method keeps CG, weight and overall height in check.
• Utilizes O.S. 32-37 Heli Engines (not included) for reliability.
• 6 Volts, .75 Ah Redundant Dual Electric Cooling System blowing directly onto cylinder head for increased performance.
• 13 oz. Fuel Tank gives 12-15 minute flying times. Over 2 hrs. Of Flying per Gallon of Nitro! Easily removable in less than 10 seconds.
• 6.57:1 Gear Ratio utilizing Mod. 1 Machined Delrin Main Gear and rolled, not cut Pinion for Awesome 3D Performance. Let’s you do Extreme flying with high head speeds at the same time if one botches a maneuver you will be able to power through it.
• Rigid 1.6mm G-10 Composite Main Frames, Base Plate and Torsion Stiffeners.
• Corrected Cyclic Geometry used for placement of servos
• Direct inline micro servo (not included) used for throttle.
• Quality hardware used throughout.
• Unique use of OEM Align motor mount for frame rigidity.
• Easy to assemble with text and photographed steps.
• Must be torque tube driven tail and metal bearing blocks to support main shaft
Jurassic 500N Requirements:
• Donor T-Rex 500 of anything pre Pro. T-Rex 500E Pro head and tail from boom back can be used, but frames are narrower
• .32-.37 Helicopter Engine with muffler.
• (1) micro servo for throttle (ex. Align 410)
• 6 volt max. output regulator along with battery (ex. Align 2-in-1 unit)
• Optional but recommended is to use a governor or Rev limiter (ex Model Avionics Throttle Jockey/RevMax.)
The Conversion was done very quickly and is amazingly well thought through. My 500N is using an ESP aws donor, a Zimmerman 50 size Muffler, DFC head with Spektrum AR7200BX, Gryphon Tiny Booster. The heli is extremely pleasant to fly : i can only recommend this to everyone who likes nitros.
- Phillip Artweger, INT
This conversion kit builds easily. Everything you need to complete the conversion is included, minus the trex 500 of course. It does fly well! The power curve is a little different than electric, but there is enough for some of the more demanding 3D maneuvers. I would recommend this kit to anyone who truly enjoys flying nitro helicopters!
- Jason Wade, CA
EXCELLENT CONVERSION FOR ANY NITRO LOVER
This kit is well thought out. Assembly is easy and straight forward. Anyone wanting a powerful 500 size nitro will be very happy with this kit. AND, the customer service from Rotary Concepts is OUTSTANDING!!!