The E-flite UMX Carbon Cub SS is a feature-rich scale BNF model that offers performance that's an escape from the ordinary. Like the full-size Cub Crafters marvel, it's an immortal classic made more versatile than ever thanks to its high-output brushless power system and fully-functional flaps. Simply a joy to fly, you'll be able to leap from tight spots and cruise the landscape with confidence. Large credit for its gentle manners go to the onboard AS3X System that makes handling super-smooth, even in moderate wind. Unlike anything offered in its class, you'll discover agility that's rock solid—especially when diving in on that postage stamp called a runway. The UMX Carbon Cub SS is ready in just a few minutes. Just charge the included Li-Po battery and bind to your own full-range DSM2/DSMX 4-channel transmitter, such as the Spektrum DX4e. Go for a total bush-flying adventure and swap the stock landing gear for the optional E-flite custom float set (EFLUA1190) or expand your RC horizons with a friend and employ the top-mounted UMX sailplane tow hook.
• AS3X System for smooth handling and precise control, even in moderate winds
• Includes a top-mounted, ultra micro-size sailplane tow hook
• Perfect for aerotowing! The tow hook equipped UMX Carbon Cub SS makes an ideal tug for the UMX ASK-21 (EFLU1280)
• Converts to a floatplane quickly with optional E-flite float set (EFLUA1190)
• Full five-channel control with flaps to enjoy slower flight and shorter takeoffs and landings
• Navigation wing lights and landing light installed
• 6-channel DSMX Ultra Micro AS3X/RX/BL ESC unit with Spektrum technology
• High-output 180BL, 2500Kv brushless outrunner motor
• E-flite 180mAh 2S Li-Po battery and balance charger
• Five performance ultra micro long-throw servos
• Power Plant Size: 180-280 Electric
• Plane Type: Scale Civilian
• Experience Level: Intermediate
• Fuel Type: Electric
• Wingspan: 24.0 in (610mm)
• Overall Length: 15.7 in (398mm)
• Flying Weight: 3.17 oz (90 g)
• Motor Size: 180-size, 2500Kv brushless outrunner
• Flaps: Yes
• Recommended Environment: Indoor/Outdoor
• Is Assembly Required: No
• Wing Area: 83.5 sq. in. (540 sq. cm.)
• CG (Center of Gravity): 27mm back from the leading edge of wing
• Recommended Battery: 7.4V 2S 180mAh 20C Li-Po (included)
• Charger: 2S DC Li-Po balancing charger (included)
• 4+ channel DSM2- or DSMX-compatible full range transmitter (5+ channels required for flap operation
• If you wish to charge the included battery from an AC power source, you will need the optional power supply (EFLC4000)
The E-flite UMX Carbon Cub SS is the first UMX model from E-flite to feature functional flaps for short field takeoffs and landings at super slow speeds. Attach a tow line for an ultra micro-size sailplane such as the UMX ASK-21 (EFLU1280) to the included tow hook for some aerotow fun.
The powerful 2500Kv, 180BL outrunner motor is powered with an E-flite 2S 180mAh Li-Po that neatly tucks away into a hatched compartment. Hard points for wheel or float undercarriage are factory installed.
Give in to your sense of adventure and equip your UMX Carbon Cub SS with the optional, custom-made E-flite float set. The installation takes only minuntes with hard mounts already installed in the fuselage.
Pilot the UMX Carbon Cub SS from dawn till dusk. Its skillfully concealed micro navigation lighting system is pre-wired and functional. The shielded aileron servos are performance ultra micro, long throw offset servos that provide the correct differential control.