It's sleek. It's high-tech. It's an RC flying experience unlike any other. It's the exciting Blade® mQX; the world's first quad-copter equipped with the advanced AS3X™ (Artificial Stabilization in 3 Axis) System. The sense of precise control this system gives an mQX pilot rivals that of bigger quad-copters that cost a whole lot more. Indoors or out, breezy conditions or calm, you'll find you can fly the mQX with complete confidence just about anywhere, anytime. And it's so simple to set up, anyone with experience flying conventional RC helis will find it's the perfect introduction to quad-copter fun.
Features: 1. AS3X Stabilization System - The AS3X Stabilization System uses a sophisticated, 3-axis, digital MEMS sensor and exclusive control software to give the Blade mQX a sense of stability and positive control no other quad-copter its size can match. The precision with which AS3X technology makes it possible is hold position in hover or maintain a desired flight attitude, especially in a little wind, is something you have to feel to believe. 2. Potent 9.5mm Motors with Drive Gear - Four 8.5mm brushed motors provide plenty of power for spirited climb and maneuvering performance. The durable drive gear for each is protected by a lightweight guard/landing pad that resists impact damage. 3. Fly in "X" or "+" Configuration - The Blade mQX can easily be switched between its standard "X" configuration t the optional "+" configuration with a simple programming change. White rotor blades are included to help you maintain orientation in either configuration. 4. Sleek Body with Sharp mQX Graphics - The low profile mQX body cuts through the air more efficiently and reduced the effects of wind them flying outside. It comes out of the box with the great looking paint scheme you see here.
If you already have a DSM2™/DSMX® aircraft transmitter, this convenient Bind-N-Fly version is for you. You get the Blade mQX, Li-Po battery and charger without having to pay for a transmitter you don't need. Just charger the battery and bind it to your transmitter. You can even bind it to the compact MLP4DSM transmitter that comes with many Ready-To-Fly Blade and ParkZone ultra micro aircraft.
Blade mQX Quad-copter Bind-N-Fly Includes:
• E-flite 1S 3.7V 500mAh Li-Po Battery - The Li-Po battery pack that's included will provide 8-10 minutes of flying time per charge. You can keep downtime to a minimum with extra packs. Just ask your E-flite retailer for EFLB5001S • Celectra 1-Cell DC Variable Rate - This handy little charger offers seven user-selected charge rates from 0.1 amp up to 0.7 amps. It can be powered with a 12V DC power source or a household outlet using the included AC adaptor.
Key Features: • AS3X 3-axis stabilization system • 4-in-1 DSM2™ receiver/ESCs/mixer/AS3X sensor unit • Durable, lightweight airframe • Potent 8.5mm brushed motors with protective drive gear guards • Can be flown in “X” or “+” configurations • Sleek, low-profile body with sharp mQX graphics
• Includes E-flite® 1S 3.7V 500mAh Li-Po battery • Includes E-flite® Celectra™ 1-cell DC variable rate Li-Po charger
• Type: Quad-Copter
• Main Rotor Diameter: 5.5 in (140mm)
• Gross Weight: 2.65 oz (75.0 g)
• Length: 11.5 in (292mm)
• Kit/ARF/RTF: RTF
• Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
• Experience Level: Intermediate
• Recommended Environment: Indoor/Outdoor
• Is Assembly Required: No
Needed to Complete:
• A 4+ channel DSM2 or DSMX transmitter
I have never flown such a precision heli before. Its responsiveness is unbelievable. So quick, so exact. You put it where you want it and then stop it in mid air like it is on cables. It can be flown crawl-speed slow and steadily through doorways with confidence, or stupidly high-speed fast around a large park. Amazing fun. I have heard loops and rolls are possible, and I believe it, but I have not tried that for myself yet!